A timber brightener that cleans and brightens weathered and grey timber and assists in opening the
timber grain to allow penetration.
Used neat it will kill mould spores.
Grey or dirty timber over 12 months old.
6-8m² per litre
By brush, hose.
Good preparation is key to a professional looking, long lasting finish:
1. Remove surface dirt by sweeping or hosing.
2. Shake DEX PREP thoroughly and mix in a plastic container or bucket.
a. General cleaning: mix one part DEX PREP to 5 parts water
b. Severe staining: apply neat.
3. Wet the surface to be cleaned.
4. Apply mixture generously with a scouring or scrubbing brush and scrub timber thoroughly.
5. Leave for 10-15 minutes.
6. Rinse off using a garden hose, or a high pressure water cleaner for large areas or badly discoloured
timber. Use a sponge and water for interior surfaces.
Note: Do not “spot clean” as this may result in a patchy appearance, clean the whole area at the same time. DEX
PREP may not remove old deep seated fungal stains and timber marking dyes. For best results apply DEX PREP to
cool surfaces out of direct sunlight. Do not allow to dry on the surface before removal.
Failure to remove the cleaning solution residue may result in timber discolouration under clear finishes or early
failure of the coating due to changed pH.